Thursday 28 May 2009

28th May


Well last night was my second meeting officially in charge. Seemed to go ok but maybe there was too much laughter? That said if you can't have fun whilst being a councillor there isn't much point is there?

Didn't watch the footy but retired to the Dog Inn for beer and curry with a fellow councillor. We managed to put the world to rights and let's just say it was very dark by the time I got home!

The Borough is getting a bit of a kicking from Longridge at the moment and I hope that the good work that we have put in to improve our relationship with the "other end of the valley" won't be prejudiced by this. We seem to have a new confidence, and rightly so, here and maybe we have to guard against going overboard. That said I think we are right to be unhappy about the difficulties users have in accessing information on the RVBC website and that basically forms the core of our moan.

Some really good news to talk about soon but it was in Part 2 items last night which means the press and the public were barred form the discussion. I wouldn't be much of a Chairman if I blurted it out here would I? You will just have to watch the Longridge News for an announcement !!

Tomorrow I go to see the work of a new charity currently based at Hillside School called OJs'. really looking forward to meeting the team which works with autistic children. It's a bling outing but I'm worried that the chain will get damaged by the inquisitive youngsters....lets hope the weather does as it's forecast and we can be outside!

Putting my big tent up at Alston Hall tomorrow in readiness for a leaving do for Dot Little who has been there since God were a lad. The event is on Sunday and I hope she (and Fred) have a great day. If you dont know about Alston Hall follow this link...www.alstonhall.com