Saturday 11 July 2009

High School Sports Review of the Year 08/09

Friday 10th July
When Dad attends the awards night and Lauren gets the Year 9 Players Player of the Year Award for Rounders and he's at the bar when the trophy is presented he could be in trouble! Fortunately for Nick the Mayor was on hand to take a pic and promise to publish it on his blog!


What a fantastic night! I lost count of the number of young people that went up on stage but it was impressive.

And the number of teams that entered competitons and were runners up at least was awesome. (it's difficult coming up with new words for these superlatives!!). Well done to staff and parents for making such a huge contribution to the sporting year. All of you keep making me proud!

Anyway the Longridge News has done a big feature on this this week so grab yourselves a copy and have a look!

Thanks to the Head and Governors for making this a fun night out for the Mayor - I had been prepared to work for my beer and pie!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanx Mr Mayor, that has pulled me out!!! Lauren has now forgiven me.

    ReplyDelete