Monday 28 September 2009

Worlds Largest Coffee Morning

Friday 25th September

Macmillan Cancer Support hosted the worlds biggest coffee morning on Friday. Well Little Town Dairy at Longridge hosted a coffee morning whilst at the same time all over the country there were others doing the same thing!


The rain stayed off but the sun resolutely refused to shine and so whilst it remained dry it wasn't that pleasant but I got to open the job surrounded by a harem of ladies in green T shirts like the one Sue "Sunday Times Administrator of the Year 1995" Wharton is modelling here.

I had just done a drawing of Santa coached by artist Christopher Perkins but my version wasn't a patch on Anthony -just call me Rolf - Cowell. Well done to all the other stall holders too - I hope you had a good day and obviously a massive thanks to anyone who came and bought coffee. The hosts, Little Town never cease to impress me with their interaction with the community which is of course brilliant marketing and a big thanks to them also.

So how much was the event worth? Sue the organiser, rightly very proud, tells me that they raised a magnificent £1,500. BRAVO!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment