Tuesday 30 June 2009

Primary School Sports Week

Monday dawned a bit soon after a mad family week end and I was again on parade at Barnacre Road School.

This time it was to help kick off a week of Sport and Physical Activity as part of a national initiative to crank up participation in sport. Blessed with great weather the whole school assembled on the playground and along with Deepdale Duck took part in a warm up aerobics session - teachers and assistants and the lot!

Had a bit of bling competition though - paralympian cycling silvermedallist Rik Waddon came to school for the morning to show off his bling and answer questions .....I left him with inquisitive year 4s asking about his training regime.....here's me in my bling making sure he didnt get chance to trump me (in this pic at least!)
Well done to Mr Smith and all at school for getting stuck in this week. You make me feel distinctly inactive at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment