Thursday 11 June 2009

Ribble Valley Crossroads





Laura Grasby(manager), Gordon Rimmer (dep Mayor of Ribble Valleys consort), Tom McLean (chairman RV Crossroads) Lois Rimmer (Deputy Mayor of Ribble Valley), dishevelled me, and Stephanie Driver ( Crossroads development worker) at Longridge Market today 11th June.




Its official - Ribble Valley Crossroads is my second good cause for the year.




When I went to market this morning to collect the rents I wasn't expecting to be part of an official visit and wasn't properly turned out - no bling, jeans and in need of a shave didn't really afford the event the respect it deserved.




Ribble Valley Crossroads cares for carers. And it does it on our patch too. I didn't know anything about them until very recently and that's one of the reasons for supporting them this year. I wouldn't claim to know about everything that goes on in Longridge but I'd like to think I have a half decent grip and it made me realise that a bit of profile raising for them this year wouldn't go amiss.




I'm not going to go on in depth about what the charity does because you can find that out for yourself by visiting http://www.crossroads.org.uk/ . What it does do is nicely tie in with my other good cause OJ's (see previous blog).




So that's the good causes sorted - now we just need to raise a load of dosh and awareness! Awareness should be easy - it's a good cause and we know our way around the media. The money side is going to be a bit harder but we will have a go. Look out for news of a really exciting gig in the Civic on 10th October. The man that wrote Delilah for Tom Jones and loads of other really famous songs is coming to Longridge for the Mayor's Charities. Check out http://www.barrymasonsongwriter.com/ and look out for details of how to get tickets shortly.








































No comments:

Post a Comment