Saturday 17 October 2009

Barnacre Road School - 40 years old

Wednesday 14th October

I'm just going to lift the relevant bit written by the headteacher for the weekly newsletter which tells all.

I would like to comment on what a wonderful evening we had in school celebrating the school’s 40th birthday. It was lovely to see so many familiar faces from both the past and present and in particular to meet Mr Waters, a former headteacher and my previous boss, Mr Leighton. Also it was great to see so many faces that I did not know and the obvious pleasure that people were getting reminiscing about their time at school. It’s been fascinating looking at all the many photographs and records about the school and how it has gradually changed and evolved over the years and it’s made me realise how places like Barnacre Road will always change and develop and that has to be for the good. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my colleagues and children for really pulling the stops out in preparing the school so that it looked so inviting and welcoming. I must mention and thank the Collier family, in particular Amy and Sarah who baked our birthday cake and also Mrs Karen Collier who baked an individual iced bun for every single child in the school. Both Amy and Sarah bake cakes for birthdays and occasions and they can be contacted on 782306.

I kicked the job off at 5 and was able to stay until just after 6 when I had to leave. I don't have a decent pic of the event but hope I might get sent one for this..........hint hint....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment