Monday 19 October 2009

CADET FUNDAY SUNDAY

Sunday 18th October 2009  

Last Years Mayor Hilda in paintball heist - NOT....4 out of 10 Mrs M??? She will be blaming it on the iffy weather that wasn't forecast but descended casting a damp gloom over what should have been a celebration of all things Army and cadettery (I know there is no such word but you know exactly what I mean!) on St Cecilia's field on Sunday.

We also played a version of table top football except that we were the players strapped to ropes running across the pitch...lots of fun when the man next to you weighs 4 stone and could be sprung about the arena like a swingball....I never did catch his name but he stayed on his feet despite my best endeavours!


Sadly not many people tipped up because of the weather but that meant that Hilda and I got to enjoy a compo ration breakfast - great if you like beans!

Watch out for an entry later on about the official inauguration of the Longridge Cadets on Wednesday this week. The good and the great and I will be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment