Saturday 24 October 2009

Lancashire Miscarriage Support Group

Friday 23rd October
When Jim Rogerson asked me to attend the Con Club on Friday night to judge a fancy dress competition I didn't really know what to expect - which sounds pretty dumb really seeing as how it couldn't be much more self expanatory could it?

What I really meant was that I didn't know what the cause was and I'm so glad I was given the opportunity to attend. Lancashire Miscarriage Support Group does what it says on the tin but it is a new group and as yet unconstituted. We were able to offer some help and guidance in respect of all that formal stuff that often daunts volunteers who are really on interested in the work and not the bureaucracy and I wish the group all the very best for the future and reiterate our offer of help.

Child Protection issues prevent me from posting a pic of the youngsters in their fancy dress and instead I have included a photo of a brilliantly decorated cake that was being raffled. The detail and quality was superb and the photo doesn't really do it justice.

After quite a challenge Jim and I picked out a little Pumpkin in the juniors and a very scary witch from Oswaldtwistle as our winners for the fancy dress and we completed our duties by drawing what felt like a hundred raffle tickets - prizes galore.

Look out for more from organiser Ruth ....this is an organisation going places.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment